Radon Testing – Home Improvement App – Serving Chicagoland IL
Professional Radon Testing Services for your Chicago Area Home
Radon Testing - BuildBoard provides radon services for any Chicago area home!
Radon Testing – BuildBoard’s home inspection professionals can help you get the best radon testing in Chicago. Your house is where your family gathers to unwind after a long day. You work hard to keep your home secure so that the people you care about can feel protected. However, there may be a hidden threat lurking in your home in the form of radon, a toxic gas. Get complete radon testing from a Chicago radon testing company today! Here’s everything you need to know about radon, including how to test for it.
Radon Testing Near Me
BuildBoard is your go-to app for finding a radon level testing professional.
What Is a Radon Testing and Why Do You Need it?
Radon is a carcinogenic gas that can be harmful if inhaled. People who are exposed to radon are more likely to develop lung cancer. Radon exposure is responsible for about 12% of all lung malignancies. Radon is a radioactive gas that penetrates into homes from the ground or ground water. Children and smokers are at the greatest risk of developing radon-related illnesses.
You are unable to detect radon, unfortunately. It has no flavor or odor, and it can’t be seen. According to national health experts, it’s a good idea to have your house tested to see if you have a radon problem.
What Kinds of Houses Are At Risk?
You may believe that your home is safe because it is modern or well-sealed. This isn’t the case at all. Any home is vulnerable to radon contamination, and scientists estimate that one out of every 15 houses has a radon problem.
You owe it to yourself and your family to have your home tested if it hasn’t already been done. If you’re thinking of buying a house, you should consider getting radon testing done first. You don’t want to buy a house that puts your family’s health at jeopardy.
Complete Radon Testing Services in Chicago
If you need a professional radon testing company, BuildBoard can help you find a radon expert to do in-depth testing with proper professional equipment. Contact BuildBoard today or post your radon testing project and receive info from qualified companies today!
- Many residences in the United States and the Chicago area contain the health hazard known as radon gas. Nearly one-fifth of all residences in the United States have found radon gas levels. Across all of Illinois radon gas can be found. Nearly 50% of all Illinois homes have dangerously high levels of radon gas! But, if you polled your neighbors, how many of them would be aware of radon gas? Most Chicago area residents are still unaware of radon gas and how radon testing can help you make your home a healthier and safer place to be. Recent awareness campaigns have sought to educate us about radon gas and its danger to our health, but most Chicago area residents are still unaware of radon gas and how radon testing can help you make your home a healthier and safer place to be.
What is Radon Gas and How Does It Affect You?
- You’re not alone if this is your first time hearing about radon. Even though you’ve probably come across it, you’ve never smelled, seen, or tasted it. Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that results from the breakdown of uranium buried deep underground. Normally, radon gas rises through the soil and rocks and disperses into the atmosphere, but it can accumulate in homes and businesses, where it can cause major health issues. The risk of radon gas varies by location, but because there are no acceptable levels of exposure, testing for radon is vital for long-term health.
What Effect Does Radon Have on Your Health?
- Radon is a proven carcinogen and the top cause of lung cancer among non-smokers in the United States. If you’re a smoker, your risk rises dramatically. It’s estimated that one out of every three smokers who are exposed to high levels of radon will develop cancer. The risk of cancer from radon exposure is long-term. This is determined by three factors: the amount of radon present, the length of exposure, and your smoking behavior. Cancer caused by radon exposure usually develops over many years or decades, although in some persons, such as youngsters or those with pre-existing lung diseases, the timeframe may be shorter.
How Can I be Exposed to Radon at Home?
- In most cases, radon gas travels through the earth and is dispersed into the atmosphere. However, radon can build up to deadly levels in our homes, which function as radon magnets inadvertently. For begin, the negative pressure created by our basements and foundations attracts the gas. Once inside your home, radon can enter through cracks in your foundation or slab, building joints or pipes, windows, or floor drains.
Why You Need Radon Testing in Chicago
What Causes Radon to Enter a Building?
- Radon enters a building through cracks and other defects in the foundation and travels up through the earth to the air above. A radon problem could exist in any structure. This includes both new and ancient structures, well-sealed and drafty structures, and structures and dwellings with or without basements. The main source of radon contamination is soil gas. Radon can get into a property through well water. The building materials can also emit radon in a small number of buildings. Building materials, on the other hand, rarely generate radon problems on their own.
Radon enters the home through the following pathways:
- Solid-surface floor cracks
- Construction Joints
- Walls with cracks
- Suspended floor gaps
- Gaps around service pipes
- Inside-wall cavities
- The water supply
- Radon Testing for Residential and Commercial Buildings
Radon testing and inspection require the proper qualifications
- Testing for radon necessitates the assistance of a professional, certified inspector. Someone who is familiar with not only how to do the test, but also the parameters that must be met in order for the test findings to be reliable. BuildBoard radon testing professionals have the necessary expertise and certification to ensure that the test is reliable and that the results are accurate so that you can make informed decisions. They’ll make sure you have all of the information you need to properly prepare your house for radon testing. Schedule your radon testing with BuildBoard immediately to verify that your house is safe for your family.
Expert Radon Testing and Detection in Chicago
BuildBoard’s radon testing experts can inspect your home for radon today! BuildBoard radon testing contractors are highly qualified to detect radon in your home and will ensure that you and your family remain safe. Use the BuildBoard app today and get your home radon tested immediately!
BuildBoard Supported Home Remodeling Projects
Schedule a quick call with the BuildBoard team to get started
Still want someone to come to your home to start the quoting process? No Problem.
If you are more of the in-person type, BuildBoard can still help. Instead of having many contractors come to your home, schedule an in home visit with someone from the BuildBoard team. We would be happy to come to your home and help talk through your home remodeling projects requirements and help you get it posted. Don't search for "remodeling contractors near me", let us do it for you.
Schedule a call below to set up a visit with one of our home remodeling professionals.
Still Skeptical? These are the top 4 reasons to use BuildBoard for your next home remodeling project!
Save Time and Money
Getting quotes without in-home visit saves you time and money.
Local, Insured Contractors
Work with local, verified contractors who actually quote, and show up to get your project done
24X7 Project Support
The BuildBoard team is here to help with anything from design, project posting, through permitting and payment help.
Easy to Use
BuildBoard provides a simple to use web and mobile platform to keep you in control of your project.
THE BUILDBOARD PROCESS
POST YOUR PROJECT IN MINUTES
GET QUOTES AND CHOOSE A LOCAL CONTACTOR
MAKE PAYMENTS, AND TRACK PROJECT PROGRESS FROM THE CLOUD
© All rights reserved. Buildboard 2019